Terms & Conditions
Al-Futtaim Trading Company L.L.C trading as ACE, or any subsidiaries and affiliates thereto of the AlFuttaim group (collectively “Al Futtaim” “we”, “our”, “us”) maintains this website (the “Website”) and mobile application (collectively ‘Platform’). This includes all the Platform’s information, communication, software, scripting, photos, texts, videos, graphics, music, sounds, images, other materials and services (collectively ‘Content’). Our Content is provided as a form of convenience for its online visitors, customers, employees and the public (collectively “user”, “users”, “you”, “your”, “yours”)
- ACCEPTANCE OF CONTRACT TERMS: JURISDICTION
- ACCOUNTS AND ORDERS
- IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE SITE
- COPYRIGHT AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF CONTENT
- PRICING AND LIMITATION ON SCOPE OF CONTENT
- CONTRACT TERMS AND PAYMENT
- TRADEMARKS AND SERVICES MARKS
- PRIVACY, SUBMISSION AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- PROHIBITED CONDUCT
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
- APPLICABLE LAW
- VAT TERMS
- FREE 5-YEAR WARRANTY
- RED HOT DEALS
- AL-FUTTAIM WATCHES & ELECTRONICS OFFERS
- SIGN-UP CODE PROMOTION
ACCEPTANCE OF CONTRACT TERMS: JURISDICTION
In exchange for accessing, browsing and/or using the Website, you agree to be bound by these terms and to comply with all Applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation UAE Federal Law No. 40 of 1992 concerning the Protection of the Intellectual Work and Rights of the Author and the Implementing Regulations thereof. The Website can only be used by persons who can form legally binding contracts under Applicable law. AL Futtaim reserves the right to terminate your registration and refuse to provide you with access to the Website if Al Futtaim Trading LLC discovers that you are incompetent to contract under Applicable laws. The Website cannot be accessed by persons whose registration has been suspended or terminated by Al Futtaim for any reason whatsoever. Those who choose to access this Website from outside the United Arab Emirates are responsible for compliance with local laws if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
ACCOUNTS AND ORDERS
In order to make purchases or use some of the services or features on the Website you will be required to create an account or otherwise provide information about yourself that is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects including your name, address, email address and other requested information as indicated. Furthermore, you will be required to provide payment details that you represent and warrant are both valid and correct.
In order to make purchases on the Website you will also need to have been issued a valid credit/debit card by a bank acceptable to us and have authorized us to process a charge or charges on your credit/debit card in the amount of the total purchase price of the products you purchase. Products purchased by you must not be re-sold for or used for commercial purposes. Further, we reserve the right to restrict multiple quantities of a products from being shipped to one customer or postal address.
When placing an order through our Website, you must follow the instructions on the Website as to how to place your order and for making changes to your order before you submit it to us through the Website. All orders are subject to acceptance and availability and any products in your online shopping bag are not reserved any may be purchased by other customers until your order is complete and accepted by us.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE SITE
The Website is controlled and operated in whole or in part by Al Futtaim from its offices within the UAE. By accessing the Website you agree that the laws and regulations of the UAE and the Emirate of Dubai without regard to conflicts of laws principles, will apply to all matters relating to use of the Website, and you agree that any litigation shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Dubai, UAE. Those who access the Website from other locations do so at their own risk and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. Al Futtaim makes no representations as to the appropriateness or availability of the Website Content for use in any jurisdiction. Al Futtaim disclaims any liability in relation to its Content and reserves the right to amend or remove any Content that it may deem at its sole discretion as being contrary to local norms, culture, morality or violates any prevailing rules or regulations and to suspend or terminate your use of the Website if it deems appropriate. In using the Website, the confidentiality of your account details including password is solely your responsibility. Al Futtaim shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account.
COPYRIGHT AND RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF CONTENT
The Website may at times provide opportunities for users to post reviews and other comments, questions, suggestions or other information (“User Content”) on or through this Website by e-mail or telephone, or as is otherwise authorized. You warrant that any such User Content submitted by you to the Website is original (and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of others), and you hereby grant Al Futtaim a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable right and license to use such User Content however Al Futtaim desires, including without limitation, to copy, modify, delete in its entirety, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from and/or sell and/or distribute such User Content and/or incorporate such User Content into any form, medium or technology throughout the world, without any further recourse to you, and you hereby waive any rights in such User Content. You agree that you will not post any content that is contrary to morality, defamatory, inflammatory, that infringes intellectual property rights, or that may otherwise breach common decency or cause ill-repute to Al Futtaim or be contrary to law.
Al Futtaim does not regularly review posted User Content, but does reserve the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and edit or remove any User Content submitted to the Website. You grant Al Futtaim the right to use the name that you submit in connection with any User Content. You agree not to use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any User Content you submit. You are and shall remain solely responsible for the content of any User Content you make and you agree to indemnify Al Futtaim and its affiliates for all claims resulting from any User Content you submit. Al Futtaim and its affiliates take no responsibility and assume no liability for any User Content submitted by you or any third party.
PRICING AND LIMITATION ON SCOPE OF CONTENT
The Website contains information and promotional programs. The products described in this Website contain market specific specifications and are offered for sale in that particular market. The promotional programs if any described in this site are available only in the markets where they are conducted as specifically referred to within the description of the program.
The price information contained in or provided through the Website is for information purposes only and does not constitute any offer to sell the products concerned. Your official order via the website shall constitute an offer, which shall remain subject to the acceptance of Al Futtaim. Prices and availability are subject to change without prior notice. For certain distributor’s products, the actual prices and terms and conditions of sale will be determined by the authorized distributor of the Products concerned.
Al Futtaim reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to limit the quantity of products purchased per person per household or per order. These restrictions may be applicable to orders placed by same registered account, the same credit card or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address.
CONTRACT TERMS AND PAYMENT
All products/services and information displayed on this site or any Al Futtaim websites, constitute an "invitation to offer". Our “acceptance” of your order will take place upon dispatch of the product(s) ordered for home delivery orders or after you pick up the product(s) for Click & Collect orders. We strive to ensure the accuracy of the product and pricing information within the website, however there may be pricing or typographical errors. In such an event where a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information, Al Futtaim has the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any orders placed for that product up until dispatch for any reason. You agree to pay the full amount payable for the Product as indicated during the order process, including any shipping costs or charges incurred with that order. In the event that a non-delivery occurs on account of wrong name or address or any other wrong information entered by you, the extra cost incurred for redelivery shall be claimed from you.
By making an offer to purchase products, you expressly authorize us, when deemed necessary, to perform credit checks and transmit or obtain your credit card information to or from third parties to authenticate your identity, to validate your credit/debit card, to obtain an initial credit card authorization and/or to authorize individual purchase transactions. Payment for products can be made via the payment methods specified on the Website from time to time.
All transactions are conducted in the local currency of the market where products are sold. When using a credit card supplied by banks other than those in that local market, the amount on the credit card (or debit card) bill may differ due to exchange rate fluctuations and any charges that the card issuer/bank may have debited and you agree that we shall have no liability for such price fluctuations or charges. Please click here to check the website’s payment information under FAQ.
In the event of Value Added Tax (VAT) being levied or introduced by government authorities in a jurisdiction where products are sold or where Al Futtaim is incorporated and/or a tax resident, Al Futtaim reserves the right to charge VAT at the prevailing VAT rate (as applicable) in respect of any supply of products or services . You shall pay the amount of any such VAT as an addition to the invoice value.
TRADEMARKS AND SERVICES MARKS
Al Futtaim and other trademarks, such as those of brands, products and service names found on the Website (collectively the 'Trademarks') are owned by Al Futtaim, its associate companies, suppliers, business associates or third parties and registered in the UAE and/or elsewhere or unregistered. Nothing on the Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademarks displayed on the Website without the express written permission of the relevant Trademark owner. The Trademarks may not be used in any way, including in advertising or publicity pertaining to the Products or the Website, without the prior written permission of Al Futtaim.
PRIVACY, SUBMISSION AND COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
There are instances where Al Futtaim requests personally identifiable “information” from the Website users to provide them with a service or correspondence (promotions and mailed brochures). This information, such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, type of request and possibly additional information, is collected and stored in a manner appropriate to the nature of the data by Al Futtaim and is used to fulfil your request. Although Al Futtaim makes every effort to ensure the secure collection and transmission of sensitive user information using industry accepted data collection and encryption methodologies, Al Futtaim does not guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Website or data gathered from the usage of the Website. The information you provide and the data gathered is used by Al Futtaim to improve the services we provide you. You hereby grant Al Futtaim an unrestricted, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, display, perform, modify, transmit and distribute any information you send, and agree that Al Futtaim is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques that you send Al Futtaim for any purpose.
The “Information” will be dealt in accordance with our Privacy & Security Policy. Please go through our Privacy & Security Policy available on the Website.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Website any unlawful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, obscene, scandalous, inflammatory, pornographic, or profane material, or any other material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under the law. You agree (i) not to use the Website to upload or distribute in any way files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer; (ii) not to interfere or disrupt the Website or any networks connected to the Website; (iii) not to use any device, software or routine or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Website or any transactions being offered at the Website; (iv) not to use the Website to collect or export personal information, including, without limitation, financial information, about other participants at the Website; (v) not to use the services, products associated with the Website for illegal purposes, and (vi) to comply with all regulations, policies and procedures or networks connected to the Website.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
Al Futtaim does not warrant or make any representations regarding the use, validity, accuracy, or reliability of the Website or the Content or the content of any other websites linked to or from the Website. The content of the Website is provided "as is" without warranties of any kind either express or implied and you agree that your use of it is at your own risk. To the fullest extent possible pursuant to Applicable law, Al Futtaim disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or other warranty related to violation of third party rights with respect to the Website, the Content, the Privacy & Security Policy or any products, merchandise or services available on the Website or your use of the Website, its Content, or any products, merchandise or services available on the Website.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
To the fullest extent allowable under Applicable laws, Al Futtaim hereby disclaims any and all liability for any losses, damages, costs, or expenses of whatever nature and howsoever arising including, without limitation, any direct, indirect, general, special, punitive, incidental or consequential loss or damages, loss of data, loss due to a virus, loss of income, loss of profits, or other loss of or damage (including costs and expenses) of any nature whatsoever (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such losses or damages), arising out of or in connection with the Website, the Content, the Privacy & Security Policy or any products, merchandise or services available on the Website or your use of the Website, its Content, or any products, merchandise or services available on the Website.
Effective 1 Jan, 2018, the UAE Government has introduced Value Added Tax (VAT) at a standard rate of 5%. Al-Futtaim complies with this mandate and VAT is applicable to most goods and services, including our delivery, installation and warranty charges. All prices and services on the website are inclusive of VAT. For all orders, customers are provided with tax invoices. Customers can also request for their tax invoice by calling Customer Support. For more information on the VAT regulation, you can visit the UAE Government Federal Tax Authority website: https://www.tax.gov.ae
FREE 5-YEAR WARRANTY
Free 5-Year warranty is only applicable on Large Appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines, cooking range, dishwashers etc. A Consultation Fee of AED 100 will be charged per visit for visits, on-site repairs, collection & delivery of faulty products. Additionally, the free 5-year warranty is subject to the following terms & conditions:
For the 1st year, it is your Manufacturer’s warranty that is applicable:
- Manufacturer’s warranty (“M Warranty”) is applicable as per terms and conditions provided by the manufacturer inside the packaging of the product and will commence from the date of purchase mentioned on the invoice.
- M Warranty terms will be as provided by the manufacture/principal supplier of the product purchased and Al-Futtaim ACE is a facilitator only.
- M Warranty becomes invalid if the product has been opened or tampered with by an unauthorized person or unauthorized service center.
- Invoice and warranty card must be retained in order to claim under the M Warranty.
- M Warranty is applicable within limits of UAE only, unless specified by the manufacturer.
- If the M Warranty offered is for more than 1 year, then Al-Futtaim ACE warranty will continue after the M Warranty period is over for a total period of not more than 5 years including the M Warranty.
For the 2nd year, it is your 5-Year Al-Futtaim ACE Warranty that is applicable:
- Al-Futtaim ACE Warranty will commence from the end date of the M Warranty until 5 years from the invoice date.
- Al-Futtaim ACE liability under the Al-Futtaim ACE Warranty is limited to repairing/replacing of defective products only. The Al-Futtaim ACE Warranty does not cover any losses and damages caused directly or indirectly by the products.
- Al-Futtaim ACE Warranty covers for domestic/household use only & applicable within limits of UAE.
- Al-Futtaim ACE Warranty is valid only on TVs, Refrigerators, Washing Machines, Tumble Dryers, Cooking Range and Dishwashers worth AED 500 and more.
- A Consultation Fee of AED 100 will be charged per visit for visits, on-site repairs, collection & delivery of faulty products. In addition, this service is only available within Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Sharjah - for items below AED 5,000.
- If the product is not repairable, Al-Futtaim ACE will either refund or replace the faulty Product as it may decide at its sole discretion.
- Refunds will be in the form of Gift voucher to be redeemed at Al-Futtaim ACE and the value of such gift voucher will be calculated at 75% of invoice value for the 2nd – 3rd year & 50% of the invoice value for the 4th & 5th year.
- A replacement product will only be provided once the cause of damage has been determined and can be concluded as owing to mechanical failure and not having been caused by negligent use by the purchaser and/or any third party, nor has been damaged on purpose. The replacement product will be a refurbished product of same or similar specification and value.
- Replacement products may take up to 30 business days.
The Al-Futtaim ACE Warranty DOES NOT extend to:
- Damage, defects and/or faults caused by negligence, misuse, accidents and other natural disasters or fault owing to deviation from recommended use of the products and or poor installation of the product, unless such was installed by an Al-Futtaim ACE representative.
- Damage, defects and/or faults caused by liquid damages/defects.
- Screen and display damage.
- Damage, defects and/or faults caused by abnormal voltage or in-coming power supply from a generator or fluctuations.
- Damage, defects and/or faults caused by chemical reaction, excessive heat, excessive dust or corrosive surroundings.
- Normal wear and tear
- Products that have been opened up, repaired, used or tampered with by unauthorized third party agents or other service centers.
- Accessories, batteries and consumables (including but not limited to bulbs, lamps, cartridges, toners, drums, print heads, etc.)
- Items without sales invoice and valid M Warranty.
- Software issues or data back-up
- Image retention on TVs
- Accessories: discs, control pads, adapters, chargers, power banks, headsets, etc.
For the avoidance of doubt, Al-Futtaim ACE acting reasonably reserves the right to reject any Al-Futtaim ACE Warranty claim at its discretion.
RED HOT BUYS
- Red Hot Buys offer is available till stocks last
- No refunds, returns or exchanges on purchase of items under Red Hot Buys
Al-FUTTAIM WATCHES & ELECTRONICS OFFERS
- Al-Futtaim Watches & Electronics Offers are available on Al-Futtaim ACE website till June 2020
- No refunds or returns are allowed on purchase of items under Al-Futtaim Watches & Electronics Offers. The only exception for refunds is in case of a manufacturing defect. Original proof of purchase/receipt is required.
- Exchanges can be made just once and within 7 days of the purchase date. Original proof of purchase/receipt is required to be presented at the time of the exchange.
- Exchanges can be made for equivalent or higher value products. The customer has to bear any difference in amount.
- Exchanged items must be in original packaging & condition
- Smart watches cannot be exchanged once the packaging is opened
- Unused & irreparable merchandise will be exchanged with items of equivalent or higher value or with Al-Futtaim Gift Cards of the same value. No returns & refunds in lieu will be made.
- Delivery of items will be in 5-7 working days. Click here to know more about our delivery information
- Any defects found and/or repairs require original proof of purchase and need to be done through the Al-Futtaim Watches & Jewellery's Service Center below:
- The Watch House Outlet, Dar Al Muteena Building, Ground Floor, Near Fish Roundabout,
- Salah Al Din street, Deira Dubai, Contact No: 042289593
- 1-year warranty on Panasonic cameras and phones
- Manufacturer's warranty, as applicable on watches
- All orders are subject to acceptance & availability and any products in your online shopping cart are not reserved & may be purchased by other customers until your order is complete and accepted by us
- Al-Futtaim ACE reserves the right to modify or amend these Terms & Conditions at any time at its discretion and without prior notice. Please visit our website to review the most current Terms & Conditions
- Al-Futtaim Watches & Electronics offers are not covered by our Price Match Promise
SIGN-UP CODE PROMOTION
- Our sign-up code offers a 10% discount when you create an account and shop our online range of products across Outdoor & Garden, DIY & Tools, Homeware & Furniture, and more
- Our sign-up code is not applicable on purchase of large appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines, cooking range, dishwashers etc. & items on sale or promotion
- The code is valid for one-time use only
- The code cannot be applied towards services such as delivery charges, installation & taxes
- The code is not transferable and not redeemable for cash, credit or towards previous purchases
- The sign-up code cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers, vouchers, codes or promotions
- Some restrictions apply. Void where prohibited.
- Al-Futtaim ACE reserves the right to modify or amend these Terms & Conditions at any time at its discretion and without prior notice.